Find the right charging point for your electric car
This page allows you to link through quickly to charging point product pages on manufacturers’ websites.
No need to trawl hundreds of pages on the internet. We’ve done the hard work for you.
Before clicking on the links below, make sure you have read our main Charging Points page.
Otherwise a lot of the terminology you come across will be gobbledygook.
Features to look out for in an EV chargepoint
Nowadays, most electric car charging points are much smarter than they used to be. Home-owners can enjoy various features to help them save money, go green, and monitor charging data and times.
Here’s a quick checklist of features to consider. Work out which ones you really want or need. Ask the manufacturer to guarantee that your chosen features are definitely available in the model you have selected.
- 3.6 kW or 7.4 kW charging speed
- Tethered or Untethered
- Type 1 or Type 2
- Option to charge only when electricity is being generated by your solar panels
- Setting to charge automatically when grid electricity is at its cheapest
- Setting to charge automatically when grid electricity is at its greenest (less coal/gas, more wind/solar)
- Can be programmed to charge between specific times
- Can be turned on and off via a smartphone app
- Load balancing (only relevant if you have several high-powered devices to send electricity to)
Charging point manufacturers
Click through to manufacturers’ websites:
Once you have browsed a few chargepoint models, go to our super slick Rightcharge tool to find local installers near you.
Most manufacturers work with local electrical companies to install their products, although some have their own installation teams.