Find the best solar panel installers in Berkshire
Below we list some local electric car charging point installers all of whom meet the following criteria:
- They are accredited by OLEV for EV charging points
- They have been trained to install at least one model
- Together, these EV charger installers offer a variety of electric car chargers
Get the right EV chargepoint for your home by choosing an installer link below.
These installers can cover all the main Berkshire towns, cities, and surrounding areas, including:
Do your Homework
Double-check solar PV MCS, RECC or HIES membership
You can do this by
- Copying the installer company name below,
- Clicking on the relevant membership link, and then
- Pasting the company name in the membership search box.
Smart Export Guarantee
Although the Feed-in Tariff scheme (FiT) ended in 2019, the government introduced a replacement on 1 January 2020. The new scheme is called the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG). You are paid for any electricity you don't use in the home and which gets exported to the grid.
The SEG rate at which you are paid will be decided by your electricity provider. Currently, the market rate varies from about 1p to 15p per kWh, so it's worth shopping around. You will also need a smart meter which the energy provider will install free of charge.
VAT on Solar Panels
1 April 2022 saw a change in the VAT rules governing solar PV installations in the UK. In a nutshell:
- VAT is applied at 0% – i.e. no VAT! – on all domestic solar PV installations up to 31 March 2027.
- If you get battery storage put in at the same time, by the same installer, VAT is also 0% on the batteries (otherwise it's 20% VAT on battery storage).
For a comprehensive overview of solar panels and how they can complement an electric car, please see our main Solar Panels page.
Solar Panel Installers List