Find the best solar panel installers in Berkshire
Below we list some local electric car charging point installers all of whom meet the following criteria:
- They are accredited by OLEV for EV charging points
- They have been trained to install at least one model
- Together, these EV charger installers offer a variety of electric car chargers
Get the right EV chargepoint for your home by choosing an installer link below.
These installers can cover all the main Berkshire towns, cities, and surrounding areas, including:
Do your Homework
Double-check solar PV MCS, RECC or HIES membership
You can do this by
- Copying the installer company name below,
- Clicking on the relevant membership link, and then
- Pasting the company name in the membership search box.
Smart Export Guarantee
Although the Feed-in Tariff scheme (FiT) ended in 2019, the government introduced a replacement on 1 January 2020. The new scheme is called the Smart Export Guarantee. You are paid for any electricity you don't use in the home and which gets exported to the grid. The rate at which you are paid will be decided by your electricity provider. Currently, the market rate varies from about 2p to 5.5p per kWh. You will also need a smart meter which the energy provider will install free of charge.
VAT on Solar Panels
1 October 2019 saw a change in the VAT rules governing solar PV installations in the UK. In a nutshell:
- If the cost of the materials is 61% or more of the entire project value, then VAT is applied at 20% to the materials and at 5% to the rest of the items in the invoice.
- If the cost of the materials is less than 61% of the entire project value, then VAT is applied at 5% to the whole invoice.
It's clearly advantageous to you if VAT is at 5% on the whole lot – your installation will be cheaper. Your solar PV installer will do the calculations and let you know how VAT is to be applied.
There are some exceptions to the new VAT regulations, e.g. if you are aged 60 or over, which we explain on our How Much do Solar Panels Cost? page.
Finally, for a comprehensive overview of solar panels and how they can complement an electric car, please see our main Solar Panels page.